Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Weekly Workout Beginning

Just like everyone out there they find there own favorite workouts and what works best for them. Today I thought I would share my personal workout with all of you for you to try if you like or even compare it to your own.

Day 1
Squats 3 x 10 70% of max
Leg Extensions 3 x 10 Medium Wt
Leg Curls 5 x 10 Medium Wt
Abductors 3 x 10 Heavy
Adductors 3 x 10 Heavy
Calf Raise 4 x 10 Medium
Single Leg Press 3 x 8 Heavy

Day 2
Flat Bench Press 3 x 10 70% of max
Curls 3 x 10 Medium
Triceps 3 x 10 Medium
Incline DB Bench Single Arm 3 x 10 Medium
Back 3 x 10 Heavy
Chest Flies 3 x 10 Medium
Back Extension 3 x 20 BW

Day 3 Off

Day 4
Repeat Day 1

Day 5
Repeat Day 2

Day 6 and 7
Off

This is just for the foundation phase of working out. This workout only covers the first two to three weeks after that some changes are made in which lifts are done and weights that are used to help progress. I hope you see the results that I do with this workout.

3 comments:

  1. I really appreciate the time and effort you put into this blog. Being on the field hockey team we always have to be conditioned very well but another big part of being in shape for my sport is full body strength. This workout example will totally help me start training in a new kind of way for our trip to Argentina and the upcoming fall season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, great job! I workout on occasion, but I have some back issues so its hard to do certain workouts without bothering my back. great post, keep up the the hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really good! I'm just walk every day 30 minutes. May be I going to started something different with my work out. Thank's for the tips.

    ReplyDelete